Monday 24 November 2014

Saviour - Human Potential

The horror of the situation washes over you and your thoughts turn to the question you have been asked. Drek! How could you possibly have an answer to that? You collect your thoughts and reply “I know that we as a species are capable of change, and can adapt quickly to new situations. I cannot speak for everyone but I am willing to try”

It considers your answer “If this is true then I cannot justify causing events that will ultimately lead to the extinction of humans if there is potential to turn the tide. You must be given a chance to try presented with all of the relevant facts. How would be best to proceed, all of humanity must be given this choice.”

“Everyone will not decide as I have. Humans can be selfish and evil creatures when pushed.” You respond

It says with an ice cold stare “Any who resist change will be crushed. We should start with your civilisations command structure. Where is it located?”

You reply “New Washington, World President Vance Honour. It will be impossible to get to him, he will be heavily guarded, and we have as much chance of getting to him as a Synth does of finding their libido”

“What do you mean Synths libido? What is a libido? I do not understand” it has a confused look on its face

Frick! You don’t want to anger this thing, “Erm…It’s a turn of phrase, it means guarded exceptionally well, I will be hard to talk to him, especially given that you are an invader from a species that has been trying to wipe us out for that last century.”

“Understood, I will have to blend in better. Given your resources at the laboratories I escaped from I believe can I do just that” It responds almost looking pleased with itself, like it has a plan. Quite frankly any plan it has that that does not involve the destruction of Earths primary defence system is A-OK at this point in time.

“Great I wi…” A hover copter suddenly appears above you, it has a bright spot light aimed at you and the Synth, the Law Enforcers. The stupid nerf herders could ruin everything. “Run 1024, meet me back on the roof of Vector labs. I will be waiting”.

“My name is Kilo! I will be there as soon as possible” It shouts after you

You sprint back to your bike and leap onto the seat. The Engine roars into action and before long you are making your way out of the gates of the compound. The Law Enforcers seem to have let you go. They are obviously more interested in the Synth prey. As you speed back down the hill toward the city below, you see an explosion in your rear view mirrors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment